Medical studies and science
The beginning of research into stem cells from fatty tissue dates back to over a century ago. Various scientists have conducted a large number of studies in cooperation with renowned academic institutions and clinics since then. The results show that stem cells from fatty tissue open up new therapeutic potential for us.
Major publications and references about modern stem cell therapy with the body’s own stem cells from fatty tissue:
- Alt E, Yan Y, Gehmert S, Song YH, Altman A, Gehmert S, Vykoukal D, Bai X. Fibroblasts share mesenchymal phenotypes with stem cells, but lack their differentiation and colony-forming potential. Biol Cell. 2011 Apr;103(4):197-208.
- Bai X, Yan Y, Coleman M, Wu G, Rabinovich B, Seidensticker M, Alt E. Tracking long-term survival of intramyocardially delivered human adipose tissue-derived stem cells using bioluminescence imaging. Mol Imaging Biol. 2011 Aug;13(4):633-45.
- Webster RA, Blaber SP, Herbert BR, Wilkins MR, Vesey G. The role of mesenchymal stem cells in veterinary therapeutics – a review. N Z Vet J. 2012 Sep;60(5):265-72.
- Peroni JF, Borjesson DL. Anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory activities of stem cells. Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract. 2011 Aug;27(2):351-62.
- Dominici M, Le Blanc K, Mueller I, Slaper-Cortenbach I, Marini F, Krause D, Deans R, Keating A, Prockop Dj, Horwitz E. Minimal criteria for defining multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells. The International Society for Cellular Therapy position statement. Cytotherapy. 2006;8(4):315-7.
- Carrade DD, Lame MW, Kent MS, Clark KC, Walker NJ, Borjesson DL. Comparative Analysis of the Immunomodulatory Properties of Equine Adult-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Cell Med. 2012;4(1):1-11.
- Byung-Jae Kang, Hak-Hyun Ryu, Sung Su Park, Yoshihisa Koyama, Masanori Kikuchi, Heung-Myong Woo, Wan Hee Kim, Oh-Kyeong Kweon. Comparing the Osteogenic Potential of Canine Mesenchymal Stem Cells Derived from Adipose Tissues, Bone Marrow, Umbilical Cord Blood, and Wharton’s Jelly for Treating Bone Defects. Vet Sci. 2012 September; 13(3): 299–310.
- Vidal MA, Kilroy GE, Lopez MJ, Johnson JR, Moore RM, Gimble JM.Characterization of equine adipose tissue-derived stromal cells: adipogenic and osteogenic capacity and comparison with bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells. Vet Surg. 2007 Oct; 36(7):613-22.